T.: +55 11 4096-4008
- University of São Paulo – USP, School of Law, Master’s Degree in International Law (2002).
- University of São Paulo – USP, School of Law, LL.B. (1996)
Career, Professional Activities and Associations:
Neil is a dual national (British/Brazilian). Admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association, São Paulo Chapter – OAB/SP 146.468 in 1997, Brazilian Bar Association, Rio de Janeiro Chapter – OAB/RJ 182253 and IAB 102066-6. Former member of the Commission on Foreign Trade and International Relations of the São Paulo Chapter of the Brazilian Bar Association. Former Councillor of the British Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Brazil and Chairman of its São Paulo Legal and Tax Committee. Speaker at many Brazilian and international events (and lecture on Doing Business in Brazil at the renowned Brazilian business school Fundação Getúlio Vargas – FGV) and author of several published articles on Brazilian corporate and international law, arbitration, insurance and reinsurance and competition law. Former associate of English law firm Richards Butler (now Reed Smith), having worked in the Shipping and International Trade & Commodities and Corporate Finance Departments in London. Former Partner and COO of a major Brazilian law firm. Member of the International Bar Association. Former Board Member (representing Latin America and the Caribbean) of Meritas, an association of independent law firms present in more than 70 countries and congregating more than 7,000 lawyers worldwide. Public Sworn Translator. Neil is a graduate from the Meritas Leadership Institute Program – Class of 2009/2010.
- Corporate law (including M&A and joint ventures)
- Commercial Contracts
- International Trade Law
- Antitrust/Competition Law
- Employment Law
- Cross-border Litigation
- Aviation and Shipping
- Insurance and Reinsurance
- IP / IT
- Media and Entertainment (including Betting and Gaming)
- Real Estate
- Working knowledge of French
- Chambers: Aviation; Corporate/M&A; Insurance; Media & Entertainment.
- Who’s Who Legal: Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Legal 500